Central Coast News
Young Coasties honoured in the first Central Coast Youth Week Awards
Council Unit Manager Leisure Beach Safety and Community Facilities, Phil Cantillon said it is important that we continue to recognise and celebrate our local young people who are doing great things in the community.
"It was an honour to be part of the first Central Coast Youth Week Awards presentation night, and I'd like to again congratulate all our award winners and finalists this year," Mr Cantillon said.
"This includes the three local schools awarded in the Nominator category, with each receiving $500 to implement a program or activity that positively benefits students."
Council Administrator, Rik Hart said the awards were developed to acknowledge the contributions of local young people from diverse backgrounds and abilities.
"I am delighted to congratulate each of the award winners and nominees in the first Central Coast Youth Week Awards," Mr Hart said.
"Each of our award winners should be extremely proud of being recognised by their community for their achievements and contributions that help make our home a better place.
"These talented and ambitious young people are certainly helping to shape the future of our wonderful community and I can't wait to see what's next for each of them."
The 2022 Central Coast Youth Week Award winners and finalists in each category include:
Luminary Leaders category winners
- Youth Entrepreneur of the Year - Winner: Ashlee McGonigal
- Youth Leadership of the Year - Winner: Jayden Delbridge, Finalists: Libby Payne and Willow Robinson
- Youth Volunteer of the Year - Winner: Samantha Laundess and Finalists: Mathew Baxter
- Youth Volunteer Mentor of the Year - Winner: Mikayla Maiden
Rising Stars category winners
- Arts and Culture - Winner: Jack Williams, Finalists: Lucy Parle and Makayla Reilly
- Community Service - Winner: Dana Patterson
- Excellence in Education - Winner: Charli Grant, Finalists: Callan Baker and Charlotte Taylor
- Sportsperson of the Year - Winner: Makayla Reilly, Finalists: Nicole Duncan and Jay Kilpatrick
Nominator Award category winners
- Tuggerah Lakes Secondary College - Tumbi Umbi Campus
- Lake Munmorah High School
- Brisbane Waters Secondary College - Woy Woy Campus
For further information click here
First stage of HOYTS Erina refurbishment completed on the weekend with...
Central Coast Council beach season came to an official close on Monday...
TAFE NSW is training the next generation of tradies, as the nationís construction...
Family Advocacy NSW, a disability advocacy organisation, is running a...
Rufino & the Coconuts who will play a special all ages, afternoon show...