Central Coast News
Play Spaces, Outdoor Fitness Equipment, Skateparks and Gosford Pool Reopen as Restrictions Ease
Gosford Olympic Pool will also reopen for lap swimming with restrictions in place, including requirements to pre-book, time-limited sessions and one-person lane limit.
The outdoor spaces and pool have been closed recently in response to COVID-19 shutdowns. Other pools, including the Grant McBride Baths which are undergoing maintenance, remain closed.
Council welcomes the easing of restrictions and is committed to its responsibility to ensure any facilities that might open for public access now or in the future can be staffed in accordance with the regulations, while ensuring public safety can be maintained through adequate social distancing and thorough cleaning practices.
The opening of any facilities may need to be staged or done with reduced levels of service. We await further announcements from the Government about the timing of any further easing of restrictions.
We would like to thank our community for taking the COVID-19 situation seriously. We ask everyone to continue acting responsibly and follow State and Federal Government directions to help minimise the spread of COVID-19 on the Central Coast:
- continue to practise physical distancing, which includes maintaining a distance of 1.5metres from others at all times.
- public gatherings must not be more than 10 people
- continue to practise good hygiene, including washing your hands before and after using any equipment.
Gosford Olympic Pool - restrictions on use
- Bookings required for lap swimming - phone Gosford Olympic Pool on 4304 7250 to book and pay for your spot. You will only be able to book one session in advance within the current week. Additional conditions apply.
- Recreational swimming - one swimmer/patron per lane, no spectators will be able to enter facility.
- No group bookings are permitted.
- Session times will start on the hour with a 45-minute swimming time. This will allow time to enforce social distancing and clean between swimmers. At end of your swim, please leave the facility immediately.
- Social distancing requirements will be in place upon entry and throughout the facility. Lane allocations will be made by centre staff.
Casual usage rates will apply and memberships will not be reactivated at this time.
Heightened cleaning will be in place.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make operational changes as needed.
With government restrictions easing and COVID-19 cases falling, it might...
Central Coast Council Library branches at Erina, Tuggerah, Bateau Bay...
The Fly into July challenge is designed to encourage people of all abilities...
Central Coast Council are calling on the community to think big and make...
The cancellation of popular events has been one of the many necessary...