Central Coast News
Gosford Regional Library forging ahead
The vision for the first Regional Library for the Central Coast is to create an iconic building in the heart of the Gosford CBD where our community can connect, create and collaborate.
Created over four spacious levels, it will have all the functions you expect from a library but with so much more. There will be space to connect, to learn and to do business with Council. A space for our kids to find a love of literacy through interaction and play. Flexible function space, for special occasions and larger audiences. Breakout spaces on every level for private and collaborative learning or just to relax and take in the views of the city and beyond. A smart work hub for those who want a great place to work without the commute and dedicated meeting rooms, recording studios and exhibition space. Library collections on every subject imaginable in one place.
The building will act as the central library for the Central Coast, providing:
- A ‘third space’ for our community
- A library collection curated for our community
- Spaces for programs, meetings and events to be held which promote literacy, learning, creativity and knowledge
- Access to the digital world, allowing access to new and existing technologies
- Creative spaces that foster connected communities
- A destination for those interested in our local history
- A collaborative and inspirational environment, designed to attract a community of like-minded, makers, creators and innovative thinkers and connection for people to technical and professional resources
- A facility for Central Coast commuters to work closer to home
- Accessible Council customer service points
- Flexible spaces for events and activities
The Gosford Regional Library is being funded through the following funding sources:
|Council Special Rate Variation (former Gosford City Council)||$8,100,000|
|Federal Government Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development’s Community Grants Program||$7,000,000|
|Sale proceeds - 136-146 Donnison Street, Gosford (‘Kibbleplex’ Building)||$4,100,000|
This project would not be possible without the commitment from the Federal Government, as well as from the local community who helped pay for the library over many years through the former Gosford City Council’s special rate levy.
A development application for the Gosford Regional Library will be submitted to the Department of Planning for Development Consent in the coming days. If successful, Central Council will commence demolition of the current 123A Donnision Street site in April/May 2021, with construction due to commence in October 2021.
The community will be kept updated at every step of the way – with completion expected by December 2023.
Following hit musicals from the Opera House, Bangarra Dance Theatre from...
Itís Lions Awareness Day this weekend and many volunteers across the country...
RAPE & other acceptable practices a play by Dr. Daniel Widdowson, directed...
Water, sewer and stormwater prices are set by the Independent Pricing...
One of Australia's most popular and loved singing stars Jason Owen wil...
Waters Edge Seafood Restaurant
Hand on Heart First Aid Pty Ltd
Car Batteries Australia
Terrigal Beach Apartment
The Outlook Cabana