Central Coast News
Community Events and Place Activation Grant Program 2021-22
The Community Events and Place Activation Grant Program is designed to support the community to deliver community events and activities that activate spaces and places to complement activity around town centres, foreshores, lakes and open spaces for families, community and visitors.
The Community Events and Place Activation Grant Program for 2021-22 has a total budget of $300,000 and is funded through existing and approved Operational Plan budgets.
Council Administrator, Rik Hart said COVID impacted everyone's ability to host community events and this funding is perfectly timed as we move out of restrictions and re-connect as a community.
"I'm pleased this funding will support these organisations to deliver a range of exciting, meaningful and fun events and programs for the local community and to activate our region"
There are 29 Community Events and Place Activation applications which have been endorsed for funding under the program:
- 5 Lands Walk is the annual 10km walk
- Woytopia Festival 2022
- The 2nd Annual Coastal Twist LGBTQIA Arts & Culture Festival
- Davistown Putt Putt Regatta & Wooden Boat Festival
- Youth Sail NSW combined sailing regatta event and coaching clinic
- The 49th Wyong District Garden Competition
- 2022 Central Coast Pro QS3000 is one of the four key events that comprise the NSW Pro Surf Series
- Love Your Earth Festival
- Spencer Place Activation is a one-day heritage festival in Spencer showcasing the historical significance of the village, river and its shorelines through storytelling, excursions, river tours, exhibition and celebration feast
- The 6th Girrakool Blues Festival held from 13-15 May 2022
- Long Jetty Festival
- Walk from Kincumber to Davistown along the Shipbuilders Memorial Path with historical displays en-route
- Twilight Markets at Terrigal
- 2022 Bay to Bay Running Festival
- Activate Mooney Mooney ecotourism is a free event that showcases the local oyster industry on the Hawkesbury River
- Ocean Beach Surf Life Saving Club celebrating 100 years
- Avenue Q is an immersive theatre show that brings together performers of diverse backgrounds to work collaboratively to create performances that highlight social issues
- NSW Rugby Union Under 10 and 11 State Gala Competition
- The Ella 7's is a Rugby competition event delivered in conjunction with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community, NSWRU and Rugby Australia
- Employment NOW 2022 is a Youth Education and Careers Expo
- Central Coast Soccer Cup is a soccer tournament for boys and girls of all ages to be held at the Central Coast Regional Sporting & Recreation Complex over 3 days
- Century Charity Cycle Ride is a community Cycle Event including 18km,50km & 100km options for cyclists. The rides are planned to be both enjoyable and safe for participants of all abilities
- Women's Football Festival is a 2-day mini tournament event to bring together women aged 18+ who play, volunteer, watch and enjoy football (soccer)
- The Coast Cup Invitational Tournament is an elite youth soccer competition bringing together teams from all over Australia and potentially internationally
- Central Coast Kids Day Out is a family festival event connecting families with local early childhood education, health and support networks to promote healthy families and stronger communities on the coast
- The 2022 Sport Central Coast Sports Awards provide the Central Coast Sporting community the opportunity to recognise and reward local volunteers, administrators, athletes and organisations
- Fox Superflow® Central Coast Gravity Enduro is Australia's fastest growing gravity enduro racing competition which promotes Central Coast's main Mountain Bike trail
- The 2022 Words on Waves Writers Festival offers author panels, literacy conversations, book signings and writers' workshops
- New Year's Race Day is a family orientated event offering free entry and activities for children and families of the Central Coast
More information is available in the Council meeting agenda documentation on Council's website.
Central Coast Council has launched its 2021-2025 Disability Inclusion...
Central Coast Council is in talks with the State Government on the sal...
Central Coast Council has a huge two months of events and activities planned...
As we approach the festive season and bid farewell to a difficult year...
10 Central Coast residents are Coast and Country Primary Care’s (CCPC)...