Central Coast News
Commonwealth Government Scholarship Scheme for Young Australians aged 15 to 24
This is a one off opportunity for our Central Coast Youth age 15 -24 – residing in the Gosford Region - who are already studying or want to study and don’t currently have the funds to do so.
Around 400 young Australians will be supported to participate in Vocational Education and Training (VET) programs under the Commonwealth Scholarships Program for Young Australians. The program provides scholarships of up to $5,000 a year to participate in vocational Education and Training (VET) in targeted occupations identified in growth industries and in-demand occupations. Applicants must reside in one of 10 regional areas experiencing high youth unemployment.
Scholarship recipients will complete a VET course and a 20 day paid Internship. Scholars will receive up to $3000 for paid internship work. Host employers will receive $500 per intern.
- Funding provided of up to $5000 per year
- Study period is from 6 months up to 2 years
- Cert 111 up to an Advanced Diploma
- Potential applicants to be 15-24 years (unless ex defence where there is no age limit)
- Potential applicants to reside in or around the Gosford Region
- Priority Groups are included on the fact sheet but you do not have to be in a Priority group to apply.
- Includes a 20 day work placement/internship component which is organized with a suitable employer and the Scholarship holders get paid $3000 on top of their scholarship monies.
- The funding can also cover such things as technical items, student amenities, laptops, electricity (more details on fact sheet attached).
- Applicants can be working up to 35 hours per week and still be eligible.
Please read the fact sheet attached and contact Zoe Goddard on 0400633191 for assistance to get the most out of your application.
This article archived 4 Aug 2020
Central Coast residents are being asked to avoid swimming or other recreational...
As hundreds of year 12 students across Western Sydney focus on one of...
24 local businesses across the Peninsula will be part of a vibrant Shopfront...
Central Coast residents can tap into the story behind their household...
Residents in bushfire-prone communities have welcomed an online TAFE NSW...
Advance Family Dental
TreeTop Crazy Rider
Sandy Cove Apartments
Mercure Kooindah Waters