Central Coast News
Changes to Council Services - Coronavirus Response
Chief Executive Officer, Gary Murphy said Council's priority is the health of staff and the Central Coast community and continuing to deliver essential services. However, interruptions to some non-essential Council services were inevitable as the situation changes.
"Our job right now is ensuring we play our part in managing as best we can the spread of Coronavirus, and ensuring safety of staff and the general public," said Mr Murphy.
"Increased cleaning services are in place across facilities open to the public and notification to community about health information is available at all venues.
"We have work continuity plans in place for our workforce including restrictions to working to one workplace, limited face-to-face meetings, remote working from home capability and ability to scale down some service areas as required due to staff unavailability," said Mr Murphy.
The current changes are as follows:
- There will be no Public Forum ahead of our Council meeting on Monday 23 March, and the gallery will be closed to the public. Council meetings can be viewed online
- All non-essential Council run programs, workshops, activities and events are cancelled until 30 April.
- All library programs and events are cancelled until 30 April.
- Gosford Regional Gallery program changes include the cancellation of the opening night events for the Emerging 2020 and the Moran Contemporary Photographic Prize and Coastal Sanctuaries, Gallery tours and Edogawa Commemorative Garden with exhibitions continuing to be open to the public
- Performances at Laycock Street Theatre and The Art House Wyong are postponed or cancelled until the end of April. This includes Mamma Mia - The Musical at Laycock Street Theatre
- Pelican Feeding at The Entrance closed for two weeks (until 1 April) due to the unavailability of Marine Rescue staff following their organisation protocol to restrict person-to-person fundraising activities.
- Youth Week and School holiday activities.
- Flavours by the Sea - 21 March 2020
- Councillor Q&A Session for Gosford East Ward - Erina Centre at Erina Fair, Wednesday 18 March, 6-9pm
- All public Anzac Day commemoration services as announced by RSL NSW.
- Live Well Central Coast - 28 March to 5 April 2020
- Summer series
- Waterfront performers at The Entrance
- Central Coast Country Music Festival
- Central Coast Stadium A-League games will be closed to the public this weekend. The NRL Game scheduled has also been moved to Sydney and is closed to the public.
- Sporting competitions of large group participants at our leisure centres.
Our staff are currently assessing other events and programs following the Federal Government's recent announcement to ban large indoor gatherings of more than 100 people, and Council will provide an update on how this impacts Council services as soon as possible.
- All non-essential Council run programs are cancelled until 30 April.
- All library outreach services cancelled until 30 April.
- Council-run Senior Centres at Ettalong and Gosford and community managed Senior Centres at Toukley and Terrigal are closed until 14 April.
- Gwandalan Library Link at the Community Hall Gwandalan is closed until further notice.
"We encourage our community to continue practicing good hygiene and to stay up-to-date with the latest information and advice from NSW Health or visit Council's website for the latest information on any changes to Council services," said Mr Murphy.
This article archived 19 May 2020
As more and more city people consider moving to regional areas prompte...
With the HSC just around the corner, Council is reminding local students...
The Coast's beloved ChromeFest may not be going ahead in its usual format...
Recording the movements of your horse has just become easier for recreational...
As part of Central Coast Council continued effort to deliver consisten...
Hand on Heart First Aid Pty Ltd
Paradise Park Cabins
The Palms at Avoca